Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not Enough sleep for Jovian & Mummy

Haiz, I just sleep for 4hrs, now feeling so tired..... Jovian only sleep for 6hrs....

Dunno what happen to her, she wake up in the middle of the night at around 2.45am, so I go to make some FM for her to drink. Jovian only drink 70ml (she sick for 1 week, so she drink not much milk, but she will eat porriage) and I put her to sleep. She will turn here and there, she sleep for awhile, wake up and cry very loud, so i put some baby powder for her as her back is full of rashes due to hot weather.... (I think her rashes is very pain and hot). After that put her to sleep again, but still the same, she wake up suddenly and cry, so i put some more powder on her, trying to put her to bed but she don't want....

I bring her to the living room, on the fan and put her lay on top of my stomach, at first, she cry, den after awhile she fall asleep..... (my fat stomach is like her pillow, hehe...). I let her sleep for about 30 mins and bring her back to her cot, it about 5.30am. I decided to rest for 15mins as I need to wake up at 5.45am to wash up and bath, wake hubby up at 6.30am and go to MIL house at 6.45am.

Hope Jovian can sleep well at Grandma house...

Really very tired now, lucky tomorrow is holiday, can wake up late.

1 comment:

Littlegastronomy said...

Hello Esther,
This is Brenda from littlegastronomy. Just happened to realise you were reading my blog and I got connected here :)

My girl Arianne also gets heat rash very easily and I read you use powder to apply on her rash. My understanding is, the powder will clog the pores and the rash will become worse.

Baby Powder is also often the culprit of UTI(Urinary Tract Infection) in babies. A lot of mums like using baby powder at their babies' genital area and once they pee, the urine will wet the powder and the powder will clog the skin pores and the pores won't be able to breathe. Hence, bacteria growth is induced if you don't clean the genital quick enough.

My suggestions for treating heat rash are:

- Bathe Jovian as often as you can
- Wear little clothes or no clothes (that's what A does most of the time)
- Keep her in air-conditioned room
- Drink lots of water

If the rashes look really angry, then you might need to consult your PD and he'll usually prescribe steriod based cream. Usually the heat rash goes away very quickly like within 2-3 hours if you air it well and keep the skin cool. I see almost instant results the moment I put A into an air-con room.

Take care ya :)